Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Life Definitely Goes On



Ryan and I are still together...Going strong into our third year. We are now engaged for those that don't know. We did have a break for a while when he was in jail, which in itself is a long story. What matters at this point is that we are back together.
On top of that news Ryan and I also just had beautiful twin girls. Born February 16, 2011. The first being born at 5:59 am weighing at 3 lbs and 6 oz and 16 and 1/2 inches long our little girl is named Mackenzie Kai Smith. Her twin being born at 6:00 am weighing at 4 lbs 4 oz and 17 and 1/2 inches was our little Zoe Nicole Smith.
Both were taken to the NICU and are still there. Zoe started off on oxygen and both in icolettes. Since then, Zoe has been taken off of oxygen, both on room air and actually sleeping in the same basinette. We are both excited for the girls to be doing so well.
Both are bottle feeding my breast milk. Mackenzie has taken off with it while her poor sister is lagging behind. Ryan and I however have complete faith in both girls!
I am also learning how to breast feed them once a day at the NICU. It's a lot to be taking in but we are learning as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment