Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2011

1 month down






As you know Mackenzie has been home for 6 weeks and she has been doing great. Mackenzie is eating about 2 1/2 oz every feeding and just keeping us so happy...most of the time. She has a clogged tear duct but over time that will go away and things will be really good. She doesn't have much hair but we love her anyway. Mackenzie has also gotten very good at being able to go from her stomach at tummy time and roll on her side and back on her stomach and once she rolled all the way onto her back. We are so proud of our little Kenzie.
In other news our baby Zoe finally came home this week. We are so happy to finally be done with the hospital. They took great care of me and my girls while we were there but its good to finally have the whole family together, even if we now definitely have a lack of sleep between Ryan and I. We are barely getting her into tummy time so she isn't doing great at it but she is progressing. She has always had problems with breathing she was on oxygen when she was born for a few days and has to be on a much slower nipple then her sister when it comes to feeding. On the other hand Zoe is progressing in her own way; she can hold up her head on her own no problems. She is also trying to already sit up on her own. Work those tummy muscles!
As for me, I am feeding them breast milk but it got too difficult trying to latch Mackenzie on in the beginning because they were on nipples so long in the NICU, so I breast pump and we bottle feed the girls so Ryan can feed and bond with the girls that way too. It hasn't been easy but it is well worth it for all of us in the long run.
Ryan has been doing very well with both girls. It warms my heart watching him interact with his girls. He sings to them and holds them and keeps them nice and bundled in their blankets. On top of changing diapers and getting their bottles ready. He has been such a blessing with the girls. I know I wouldn't be able to do this on my own and I'm very grateful to have him in my life and wanting to be so involved with Mackenzie and Zoe. There have even been times he has let me sleep while he takes care of the twins. Ryan is definitely a life saver.
Both girls are very vocal but sleep great when they are next to each other or cuddled with mommy or daddy. There have already been a good number of times that they have fallen asleep on me. I couldn't ask for a better family. I can't wait to show them off and have everyone meet them and see how they have grown already in such a short amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment