Two weeks ago today I was sitting in the hospital hoping I would dilate so i could finally push. I was 37 weeks pregnant with my little boy and I was done with the pain, done with the heartburn and only able to sleep a certain way, only able to eat certain foods or i would throw up, sick of him being in my pelvic bone and kicking my lungs at the same time.
It started the day before. I was laying in bed cuddling Zoe when she started throwing a temper tantrum, she bumped her head on my stomach (didn't hurt hell didn't even make me flinch) and I felt a gush, sat up and waited for a few seconds and it happened again. I got up and went to the bathroom, sure enough she had made my water break. I yelled for my hubby (who was already sick of my requests all day long) and told him my water broke. We were at the hospital within probably 15 minutes. That was about 6:30pm After they made sure my water broke and I was really going into labor they made me walk (yes they really made me walk) to the room I would spend the next 3 days and a very long night in. I didn't start pushing until 6am the following morning. Luckily I was on the epidural most of the night. The bag became empty shortly before 6 so it was a race with the clock to push out my baby boy (luckily I won). He was born 20in and 7lbs 2oz at 6:45am March 26th 2013.
I saw my twins and my husband every day or I really would have gone stir crazy. I might have gotten like 15 hours of sleep the whole time in that hospital from all the stress I was under. My baby boy shortly after being born was having health concerns so the nurses took him and he spent the next 3 days in the NICU because they thought he might have had a bacteria in his blood stream so they gave him a dose through an IV 2 times a day while I got one dose period just to be on the safe side. It broke my heart that he was there. I was looking forward to having him in my room with me. I knew it wasn't going to happen with the twins but I thought I would at least get him. Once again I didn't get to do skin to skin which makes me a little upset but the doctors and nurses did what they thought was best for him and myself.. I was thrilled when I heard he got to go home the same day as me though.
We have been home for a week and a half and I'm still recovering since he did tear me some and he is having a little weight gain problems but all in all we are happy and healthy (other then the fact that my family got hit with a pretty bad cold right before i was ready to go back to work)
We are doing well and the twins are actually pretty good with him. Both are trying to be his "mommy" They will think Mommy or Daddy didn't cover him well enough with the blanket and "fix" it or pat his back, rub his head. They aren't the softest but its a work in progress, after all they are only 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment