Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Early Childhood

I figured this was a great topic due to it being the 6th year anniversary of her dying. She has this trailer in this small community thats out in the mountains. She would take the time to take each of us grandkids to this place for a week every summer. It was heaven. Fishing, feeding squirrels, walking in a creek, sitting by a fire pit while roasting hot dogs and marshmallows along with throwing firecrackers into the pit. We really made it all the fun we could. It was a joy to go and we all looked forward to it. 

I don't remember much about this particular memory but going was always one of the best things of summer. I was about 3 maybe and my parents went on vacation and left me with her in the summer and she took me up for the time they were gone. I remember sitting on the brown deck eating an otter pop watching the humming birds eat from the feeder hanging from the deck overhang. The summers were hot and the nights were cool. It was the perfect place to have memories with the amazing woman whom was my Grandma and my wonderful cousins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment